Monday, August 1, 2011

Just a quick update...

     Being on this steroid is making sleep very difficult for me. I feel so exhausted. But that could also be part due to my counts being low. I go in tomorrow at noon to have blood drawn and then will possibly go to Methodist for the type and cross. If I need blood and platelets than I'll most likely have them given on Wednesday. I put the kids down for naps earlier and was hoping to sleep for a bit myself and couldn't, so I just got back up and worked on laundry.

I know this is a bit off track here - but this morning Aly and I made fresh blueberry and chocolate chip muffins and both kids just loved them. I love how Aly is getting to the age where she wants to help out more and more. These things make me smile.

This heat. Oh my heatwave. I am SO ready for Fall! My favorite time of year, going to the pumpkin patch, drinking apple cider, and being able to spend time outdoors without sweating our butts off.

I know my last post was about me starting to lose my hair, again, and feeling down about it. I was just hoping so badly I wouldn't lose it again. But I was told I would and so I think I somewhat had myself mentally prepared for it. I guess as much as you can, right? It's definitely still thinning out quite a bit. If I run my fingers thru my hair it just comes out. I'm trying to be strong. And I keep telling myself it's hair. Just hair. What really matters is that I'm in remission. That's all that truly matters.

The kids are waking up from naptime and I'm going to try and come up with an idea for dinner. I'm craving ham so bad for some reason. I've been craving it actually since Easter - I just haven't made one.

Aly is in such a good mood. Her laughter is just contagious and making me feel so happy.  : )



Will update more tomorrow.


Love, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment