Monday, November 28, 2011

All over the place post...

       Things around here have been great. I'm feeling pretty good. Tired and busy, but good and grateful.

We have Comcast for our internet and home phone and have recently been having issues with it. We couldn't figure out for anything what was causing the problem because Comcast said it wasn't on their end and it wasn't on ours and because of our busy days we couldn't have them out during the week and were finally able to have them out this last Saturday. The guy came out and figured out right away what the problem was - he went into our backyard and I guess the connector box that is right between our house and our neighbors, had been disconnected. I guess a neighbor had recently had their service turned off and instead ours was turned off by mistake. So we went a week and a half without service! I was so irritated, but atleast they were able to get it fixed and our account is being credited for that time we went without service.

I haven't posted since my last appointment. My white count had gone up from 0.53 to 7.51 in ONE week. Thank you very much, Neulasta shot. I may just be asking for another one right before Christmas - it will raise my white count and lasts for fourteen days.

I have an appointment tomorrow with the NP Laura Hertz. I'm curious to see what my counts are right now.

I am DONE with the brain radiation. SOOO glad. That was tough, and going in there everyday was so hard. Walking into that hospital brings back so many memories, from days when my Mom was there at different times, to my hospitalization last December, all my procedures, and so on. And then just walking in there everyday.

Right at the end of radiation I started to lose my hair. I lost it all in the exact spots I had the radiation. But then some spots still had bits and pieces of hair. It looked weird. So one night I had Justin shave it and this is by far the shortest it's ever been in the three times I've lost it in the last year. My head is officially bald - but then tonight we noticed that in one spot on the back of my head it was starting to come back in a tiny bit. I was joking around with Justin and told him that it actually looked like a mustache on the back of my head, so I had him shave that part again. And, once again this just proves how awesome he is - the Sunday night we shaved my head he did his also. He's shaved his head each time I've lost my hair. He told he thought I looked beautiful and very brave (as I was crying and looking in the mirror).   Now we just will have to wait and see if my hair comes back in - with brain radiation there is the risk of hair never coming back in or if it does it might just come in in patches. So time will tell. And for now, I'm wearing a winter hat when I go to bed at night. My head gets so cold at night since we sleep with fans on - Justin thinks it looks cute but hey, it works. : ) 

Speaking of hats, I'm looking for a red hat and scarf. So far I haven't had much luck but I'm still looking so if anyone sees one somewhere please let me know. Thanks!

I'm not really feeling too bad. Nothing a thirty minute nap during the day won't fix. But, I am having an issue with my left eye. I finished radiation last Tuesday (12 treatments total) and didn't have this until my last treatment. I can see something out of my left eye and it looks like a small gray line that is folded (it's hard to explain). I can only see it when I really focus on something and can see it in great detail when my eyes are looking straight forward and as soon as I turn my eye it goes off to the side. I'm hoping this will go away and soon, it's more annoying that anything. At first I thought it might just be something on my contact but it's still there when I have my contacts out. I plan on bringing it up tomorrow at my appointment.

We had a great Thanksgiving! We all ate so much and just had a great day! : )

Yesterday we put up our Christmas tree and decorations. I'm so excited for Christmas this year. The kids are really getting into the spirit and I'm so happy! We brought out Buddy the Elf (Elf on the Shelf) on Thanksgiving and the kids love hunting him down every morning. It's almost time to start our Advent calendar and I'm just so excited!!  

I think I'm going to do majority of our Christmas shopping online this year, that way I can avoid the crowds and all the germs. I'm even more paranoid about germs now, but I have to be.

I need to finish up the kids' Christmas lists for a few people, if you haven't heard from me yet, I'm sorry. I'll get it done and sent sometime tomorrow. And we also have to "mail" Aly's letter to Santa tomorrow. It's been such a long year and I'm so excited for Christmas and the New Year.


Off to bed! Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment