Friday, November 4, 2011

Second Treatment

   I had my second treatment today and I was in and out within 30 minutes. The radiation itself only takes about 30 seconds on each side. And I seriously think the worst part of the whole process is wearing that mask.

All went well with it. But from my first treatment yesterday I was just exhausted from the headache I had afterwards. I talked to the radiology techs and they told me that the headache can happen since they are focusing solely on my head/brain. They said that the radiation can cause my brain to swell and cause it to rub against my skull creating the headache. The headache I had after yesterday's treatment was awful. I felt intense pain from temple to temple and then towards the end of the headache I felt like I was having pain at the back of my head. It was just awful. I took some medicine and went to bed early and Justin took care of the kids and put them to bed. Around 8 A.M. I noticed it was starting to go away...

And then I had treatment at 2 P.M. and it was back very soon after. So I called Justin's parents and asked if they minded me keeping the kids over there a bit longer and I came home and took it easy. It's now almost midnight and I still have the headache. It's not as severe as the one I had last night.

But they told me that especially since I have a history of seizures that I need to watch these headaches extra close.

I'll post more later with more details on how my first day went, my appointment with Dr. Carpenter, and a few more pictures from my first treatment. But right now I'm going to bed and hoping this headache goes away.


Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment