Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fantastic Results

   That's just what Dr. Vukov said yesterday regarding my bone marrow biopsy last Thursday. He said everything looked fantastic and he couldn't be more pleased at how things are going. That makes me so happy to hear! All of my counts are rebounding and all looked good there also. After my doctor appointment I had chemo, it was pretty quick since all I had was Vincristine. Then I had to go to Methodist for another spinal tap. Dr. Chee did this one and he's very quick and is a very good doctor. He is the same doctor that performed my first procedure after being diagnosed back in December, my Thorocentis - where he removed 1.5 liters of fluid from my right lung. He always asks me about the kids and just makes everything go smoother. Afterwards I went to recovery for an hour and then came home and rested for the rest of the evening. Aly had dance last night and Justin took her ~ she does so good at dance! Today she had school and it makes me feel so happy knowing how much she loves it there!! And I love having those few hours three days a week with our sweet boy here at home. I'm having a rough time still with missing my Mom, I know that's normal. I miss her so much. My hardest time I think is at night when I just want to call her and unwind. Or right after my oncology appointments when I just want to call and give her an update. Or when we are driving in the car and Aly talks about "MeMaw running on the clouds". That's just what Aly always called her from when she first started to talk. Gosh, it's all just so hard. I miss her. I know this blog post is all just running together but I'm posting from my phone and just having issues with it. The plan for chemo coming up sounds like it will mostly be from home. I'll be doing Vincristine in the office every so often, but I started yesterday with doing a pill form of chemo called Mercaptopurine for days 1-84 and the steroid Dexamethasone for days 1-5 and then from days 29-33 and 57-61. On day 29 of this phase I'll have another spinal tap. And in the next week or so I'll be doing the brain radiation. I'm very nervous about it - it will consist of a low dose of radiation directed to my brain and it will be everyday for 10 days. But I'm trying to remain calm and praying for comfort. I'm going to go now, just wanted to give an update. Off to bed. Goodnight!  -Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment