Thursday, September 15, 2011

Update and a few pictures

       I had my 4th bone marrow biopsy done today. I was a nervous wreck as usual when it comes to having these done. A NP named Deb Rufus did this one and she was fantastic. I asked for sedation and they gave me a small dose of Demerol and Versed mostly to calm my nerves. I was completely awake for the entire procedure. And then to numb the skin they used Lidocaine. It hurt just as bad as all the others I've had done but she was pretty quick about it. Justin was in the room with me but because it's such a small room and from all the people that were in there for the procedure he wasn't able to be right up with me. But atleast being able to have him in there helped calm my nerves. Afterwards I had to lay on my back for 30 minutes to make sure there wasn't any bleeding and to let the meds wear off. I asked them to show me what the marrow sample looked like and they showed me. The easiest way I can explain it is that it just looked like very thick red blood with small bone fragments in it and they already had it on a slide. I wonder how many people actually ask to see it, but I was curious.  Now they just have to send it off and will have the results by my appointment with Dr. Vukov on Tuesday.  On the way home I told Justin it felt like they were using a cork screw and it was being screwed into my back - and he said that was actually exactly what it looked like. Ehh.

Aly has her third day of Hobby Horse tomorrow and is loving it!!  A friend of ours has a little girl in Aly's class there and she offered to take Aly in the morning so I wouldn't have to take Connor out and could try and rest up. I usually don't take people up when they offer to do something (I admit it, I'm just stubborn and try to do everything myself) but I actually accepted her offer. She even offered to bring Aly home but I told her I have a few errands I have to run about the time Aly would be getting out so I'll just pick her up. She is such a nice lady! While I was in the hospital from December to January she brought over a bunch of meals and has even done some since I came home. One day she even dropped off right out of the oven banana bread and pumpkin bread.




And here are a few pictures of Aly from her first day this last Monday. Such a cutie!  Love her pose in the second picture!






Here is a picture of our two cuties sitting on a swing together at the park. This was taken with Justin's cell phone so it's a little blurry but still adorable.




And here she is when she started back to Tap and Tumbling recently. Notice the Disney Princess slippers? She insisted on wearing them! : )





Off to bed. Goodnight.










No comments:

Post a Comment