Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Catching up...

    Seems like it's been forever since my last post. Lately I've felt like we've been going non-stop and I haven't had too much of a break. And when I do I mostly want to sleep. Ha!

After the Mother's Day post - I ended up keeping the kids home by myself for a few days instead of having them go to daycare and it was so nice. That Monday I took both kids out to my sister Connie's and we visited with her and my Mom. It was so nice! Then Justin stayed home a few days with an awful migraine and finally went to the doctor and had a sleep apnea test ordered and also a specialized eye test to check the muscles of his eye. Then on last Friday I had my oncology appt. and then chemo that morning and Aly had her dance rehearsal at the Civic Center that night. And on Saturday night she had her recital. She did so good and looked absolutely adorable!! I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

Today I had a cbc to check my counts to determine if I would need to go in for a transfusion and my platelets were a 71 and my hemoglobin was an 8.5. My platelets have increased since last Friday which is great and my hemoglobin was pretty good also considering I just had chemo. So the nurse called my doctor and then told me I wouldn't need to go for blood or platelets and I was so glad! And while I was there, Justin was at the eye doctor and had his eyes dilated and then I drove him to work. The eye doctor said this is all signs of migraines and didn't see anything else going on which is good to hear (just wish those pesky migraines would go away for him!).

The mouth sores are back and in full force and excuse my language, but they hurt like hell. This time they are on the inside of my top and bottom lips and I feel like I'm starting to get some in my throat again. There really isn't much I can do for them. I was prescribed some BMX solution and it seriously tastes like spoiled milk. Seriously. All it does is numb my entire mouth for about 20 minutes and makes me feel like I just walked out of the dentist's chair (it contains Lidocaine, Benadryl, and Maalox). And I have also been told to gurgle salt water but all it does is make me gag, it's supposed to keep infection away so I will continue to use it. But if I'm in as much pain with these sores tomorrow as I am now I plan on calling my doctor's office. My mouth is so sore that earlier tonight when I brushed my teeth before bed I thought I was going to cry it hurt so bad.

So I'm eating lots of ice and drinking lots of cold drinks. I'm addicted to Cherry Limeaids from Sonic. : )

Tomorrow is a big day! Our sweet little boy is turning TWO years old! I can't believe he's already 2. He was born at 6:57 A.M. on May 19th and we feel so blessed having him in our lives. He definitely has a very spunky personality! We love him so much!!

I'm going to try to go to bed. Hoping I can get some sleep tonight! I'll work on uploading pictures tomorrow.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment