Saturday, May 28, 2011

Taking it easy...

   I haven't done much of anything this last week. I took it pretty easy. I had chemo and my appt. with Dr. Vukov on Tuesday and that all went very well. : )  He said he's very impressed with how I'm doing which was wonderful to hear! He did start me on an antibiotic called Leucovorin to try and prevent the mouth and throat sores from coming back with the chemo cycle and I actually just finished it today. So far it has worked from having any more appear but I'm still trying to get the ones in my throat from before to go completely away. I had also lost 11.5 pounds from not being able to eat much due to the sores from before.

We were supposed to go to my niece Kailey's  college graduation party today but I woke up this morning feeling crummy and I've been fighting a cold all week so we didn't end up going. I felt so bad missing it but I'm sure she understood. She's growing into such a remarkable young woman and I'm so proud of her! I think of her as a little sister and love her so much.

This cold isn't bad, thank goodness, but I'm still taking it easy. I've been taking Robitussin DM and Zyrtec for it. I'm very limited on what I can take since I'm on Keppra (an anti-seizure med).

Aly started tot soccer this last Thursday and she had a great time! The weather was chilly and rainy outside so they ended up having it inside the arena. I'm guessing there are about eight little girls on her purple team and all they really do is chase the soccer ball around but it's still pretty cute! : ) We should be getting a call soon from Dianne for Aly to start the summer dance class. Can't wait for that!

Connor's birthday was May 19th and we still haven't had a birthday party for him. Seems like we've had so much going on lately and when we've had a break one of us has been sick. I'm still trying to figure out when to do a small party for him (to celebrate our sweet boy turning two!). Very soon though.

I have chemo and another spinal tap (my 6th) this coming Friday. I'm feeling nervous about this upcoming spinal tap because of this horrible from the last one I had. Out of my five previous I've had two headaches but they are the worst thing ever, just so much pain and pressure. Please say a prayer for me on Friday morning to have an easy day and to not get a headache, when I get these headaches they keep me in bed for almost a week and not able to do much. Thank you! : )

Oh, before I forget! While I was setting up my upcoming appt. this last Tuesday there was a receptionist that said she had a surprise for me. I had no idea what it could be. Then she opened a drawer and pulled out a purse for me! She said a lady had been in the week before and had bought 30 purses from a seller and was donating them to women going thru chemo in memory of her Father that had passed away. I was so surprised!  Here is a picture of my new purse. : ) This was taken from the Miche bag website. I love all the sayings on it. "Attitude makes all the difference", One does not define hope, one lives it" and so on. Love it!! Gayle said she thought of me and saved one for the next time I would be in. How nice! Another nice thing, a little while later a nurse came up to me and gave me some coupons she had saved for me for free smoothies or frozen lemonades from McDonald's - she said she's seen me with both in there before and knew I liked them. What nice people!! And a big thank you to Justin's Grandma Mary Lou for sending me in the mail one of those coupons for McDonald's - everyone knows how much I love my cold drinks!





   Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment