Monday, May 30, 2011

Lemon water...

   Tonight I wanted a slice of fresh watermelon so bad. So I ran to Kroger and bought a small one and came home. Along with grapes and a cantaloupe. I love fresh fruit!

I really push for the kids to eat their fruits and veggies and I'm so glad they are both good eaters and aren't too picky unlike ahem, their Mama. : )

So I came home and shared a piece of that juicy and sweet goodness with our precious Aly. I told her that the white seeds were okay to eat (this one just had the white seeds - no black ones). And I told her that she was going to start growing watermelons in her tummy...something I remember my Mom telling me when I was little and I look back now on and smile. And she kept calling it "lemon water". Sweet girl.

A memory I will forever cherish, this hot day and sharing a piece of watermelon with our sweet girl.




   

No comments:

Post a Comment