Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

   Today I got to sleep in and Justin got up early with the kiddies. When I woke up Aly's first words to me were "Happy Day" (she forgot to add Mother's in there). I feel very blessed today seeing my sweet babies and being their Mama.

Justin surprised me and got me a gift certificate to use towards jewelry of my choice from Carlson's in Peoria Heights!! I'm thinking about getting another forever bracelet (one for my left wrist) and having the kids birthstones put in it. I already have 2 on my right wrist and love them!!

Justin went and picked up Subway for lunch and I could barely eat any of it. My mouth started feeling sore yesterday and is feeling even worse today. So I called my doctor's office and I was right - sounds like I have mouth sores from the chemo. This is the first time I've had them this entire time I've been having chemo treatments but man, they do not feel good. And I also have some in my throat. So the NP called in a prescription for me and Justin picked it up also. After using it it feels like I have just walked out of the dentist's office, my mouth is so numb. Hoping this passes soon.

This last Tuesday was chemo and a spinal tap. On Wednesday was a 2 bag blood transfusion at Methodist and all went well both days. On Wednesday morning I started feeling like a bad headache was coming on. By late that day, a full headache was here and I was in absolute misery. I know exactly what it was from - the spinal on Tuesday. I've had one of these before and they are the worst ever - just feels like I have a ton of pressure at the base of my skull. It hurts to move or do anything. So I took it easy and it finally passed and I started to feel better yesterday.  This was after I called my doctor and Methodist to find out what to do. Methodist told me to drink lots of fluids and take Excedrin (which I cannot take because it interacts with my Keppra - my anti seizure medicine that I started after my 5 seizures on Christmas Eve. and some other meds). My doctors office told me to take vicodin, drink a ton of caffiene, and to lay flat and not use any pillows. Anyone that knows me I hate taking medicine anyways, especially any meds for pain. But I resorted to it. I was in complete and total misery. And then, last night my back started hurting really bad where I had the spinal. I was feeling so frustrated and just in pain - but it has gone away for the most part today. So glad.

I haven't felt great (obviously) all week so that's why it's been awhile for a post. I'm going to lay down for a little bit and then we have plans with family for dinner at Olive Garden. Hoping my mouth and throat feels better by then!



Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment