Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Almost 6 months ago.

   Earlier I was thinking that June 8th will be 6 months since I was diagnosed. 6 very long months. One month of that time I spent in the hospital and lost a ton of hair especially on the top of my head due to the rough chemo I was going thru. Since then I've been wearing a ton of hats and trying to cover that up. But after that long month of losing almost all of my hair it's been growing back. Especially in the last month or two. My hair is coming back in unevenly since it's curly and I'm so glad to see it. After first being diagnosed I told myself it's just hair. Nothing else. But after losing it it really affected me so bad. I've always had long hair and I just missed it. So I'm glad to see it coming back. I'm surprised it's coming back in so fast while I'm still going thru chemo. I feel like everywhere I go people see me and just see a woman in hat with not much hair and that I have cancer written all over my face. I hate that.

 But now I look at myself as a warrior and know I had to lose my hair, gain confidence, battle this cancer, and climb the hill to get where I am at today. I was diagnosed June 8th and went into remission within just a few weeks. I'm very thankful to be where I am today. Even if I was completely bald right now I'd still feel that way.

I'm going to bed now. My sweet hubby is next to me in bed snoring and I just look at him and know how thankful I truly am (loud snoring and all!). Felt like getting some thoughts out tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment