Monday, May 23, 2011

Just an update

   My days are so mixed up - I keep thinking it's Sunday for some reason. When it's actually Monday.


This last weekend went by so fast! Saturday Justin and I had plans for a date and it was SO nice. We very rarely have the chance to get out (mostly because of my counts being low and just taking the chance of me getting sick). We dropped the kids off and their grandparents and went and saw the movie Bridesmaids and then went to Flat Top for dinner. I really enjoyed the movie but dinner on the other hand, was just difficult. I absolutely love Flat Top (one of my favorite restaurants) but I could barely eat anything. I'm still dealing with these awful mouth sores. I haven't ate much in days now and I know I've lost more weight. I just wanted to sit there and cry. But then I reminded myself how thankful I am to be where I am and very much enjoyed my time with Justin. Afterwards I was just so drained that we came home and napped for a little while and just relaxed. Aly and Connor spent the night with the grandparents and had a great time. I missed our babies so much but I knew they were having a good time (along with Butch and Carrie!).  : )

On Sunday we slept in and then got up and I tried to eat some leftovers from Flat Top that I had brought home. I choked down a few small pieces of chicken but didn't eat much. Afterwards we went and picked up the kiddo's and came home. It was so good seeing the kids!! Connor was ready for a nap and crashed about 2 minutes into going in his crib and napped for a good while. And Justin, Aly, and I snuggled in our bed and watched Bambi and Tinkerbell movies while it poured outside. Great Sunday afternoon!

And then...today Justin and I both woke up sick. : (  He has a stomach bug and I have more of a bad cold.

So tomorrow is Tuesday and I have an appt. with my oncologist for just the normal checkup, blood work, and then chemo afterwards. I'll find out what my counts are and if I'm going to need blood or platelets. One of my questions for this appointment is if there is anything else I can do to prevent these mouth sores (besides the eating ice during the actual chemo, constantly rinsing my mouth, and so on before they appear). These have been horrible. I started the Nystatin mouth rinse on Thursday night and can see a difference as of this morning, for the sores in my mouth. But not so much for the ones in my throat. Those are the ones that make it so difficult to swallow food or liquids. Today I was able to actually eat an ice cream bar and a small bowl of chili - that's the most I've ate in days! But I know I've lost weight in the last week and I'm curious as to what will be said tomorrow about that.

Tomorrow afternoon is our little man's 2 year appointment with his pediatrician. I really hope I feel up to going with Justin to this. And this coming Thursday our little Aly starts soccer. Another busy week ahead!

I'm heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment