Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter weekend

  I had such a wonderful weekend! Saturday morning Justin and I took the kids to Northwoods Mall to see the bunny. I sure thought Connor would scream seeing him but he didn't - and Aly did pretty good with him also. The picture turned out pretty cute! : ) Then we did a little bit of shopping and then let Aly do this giant trampoline (bungee jump thing, ha!) and she loved it!! She had such a blast! That night we let Aly stay up late and watch the movie Tangled and snuggle in our bed. I thought it was a decent movie but wasn't as good as I had hoped. Still, it was so nice snuggling and spending that special time with her.






 On Sunday, the kids woke up and we surprised them with goodies from the Easter bunny. Connor loved all the little trucks in his basket and Aly loved her sugar free peeps (of course, I would find the ones that were sugar free!). Then Justin spent time with them and I went and hid eggs outside and the kids had an Easter egg hunt and had so much fun! I was so glad I was able to do that, it meant so much to me! Afterwards we went over to his parents house and had dinner and saw some family and then the kids had an egg hunt inside and had a ton of fun. It was really nice seeing everyone and we had a great time. I plan on posting more pictures as soon as I get them uploaded off of our camera.

We came home and got the kids ready for bed and then headed to bed ourselves. I thought I felt warm and took my temperature and I was right, I had a temp. My oncologist always tell me to be very careful and watch for temps over 101.5 because with my immune system being weakened from the chemo I'm much more prone to infections. I kept checking it and the highest it got up to was 100.6. I took Tylenol and went to sleep. I woke up this morning and it was 100.1 at 7:30 and I took more Tylenol and have checked it frequently since and it seems like the fever has broke. It's been staying between 98.7 and 98.1 since. I called Dr. Vukov's and let them know what it's been at and they asked all the normal questions (am I having chills, any redness, sores, pain, etc. in which I haven't had any) and they told me to just watch it closely. I have my normal weekly appointment in the morning anyways for blood work. Other than having the temperature earlier, I'm feeling pretty good.

Now I have a request from everyone that reads my blog. I called last night to talk to my Mom and she was having a breathing treatment so I talked to one of my sisters. My Mom has had ongoing health issues for quite some time now but just recently it seems like things are getting worse. I don't want to get into details on here right now. Will you please say a prayer for an improvement with her health? I love my dear Mom so much.

Thanks for reading. Hope everyone has a great week!


Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment