Friday, April 29, 2011

It's been a few days...

 

   I know it's been a few days since I last posted. I just have been in a blogging rut, I guess. I have been fighting this fever all week and today is the first day I've actually felt somewhat better. But for some reason, I'm just feeling kinda down today. The sun is shining and I want to be outside and to feel it on my skin but I just know that is not the best thing right now. Why I'm feeling like this I really don't know. I have everything in the world to be thankful for. And I am.



I had my appt. on Tuesday and the nurse practioner said I'm doing just remarkable. She said with all I've been thru I'm just doing great. I had just started having the fever the day before and she said from my blood work it wasn't showing any signs of infection anywhere. That was definitely something I was concerned of. She also had me have a blood culture done to check for possible infection in my dual power port. She said to just keep an eye on the temperature and if I had any questions to call. I was also told that Dr. Vukov wants to resume chemo next week as long as my platelets are up. On Tuesday they were at a 46 (the week before they were at an 8, and then need to be atleast 100 before resuming chemo).

So I ended up calling later that day and ended up talking to her again the next day. On Wednesday I told her I was still having the temp and was just concerned so I asked for antibiotics, I just want to get this fever gone. It has been staying between 99.8-100.9. She said they had the results in from the blood culture for my port and it was clear. She also said this could all just be related to my bone marrow rapidly producing right now which is a good thing. So I'm on Augmentin for 5 days. Today is the first day I've really noticed a big difference, my temp has stayed below 100.0 all day without taking any Tylenol. So I don't know if it's the antibiotics actually helping for a bacterial infection or maybe this is just something viral.

I haven't had much at all of an appetite all week. Not quite sure what that is about. I have drank plenty of fluids but nothing has sounded good to eat. So I've snacked here and there but really haven't ate much. Hoping this passes soon.

Last night Justin and I sat down and did a big puzzle with Aly and she loved it. Connor was in bed and and it felt great spending that time with her. Let's see, something new with Connor that I have to mention. Anytime he goes to leave now with Justin I'll say "Love You" and "Bye Bye" and he gets so excited and repeats it. So stinkin' cute. : ) 

I woke up very early this morning so I could watch the royal wedding live and I watched most of it and fell back to sleep. So glad we have dvr. So I'm feeling extra tired today. I think I might try to get a little nap in before Justin gets home with the kids from daycare.



Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment