Monday, October 17, 2011

Blah.

 

    I woke up this morning with a head cold. Scratchy throat and a slight cough. But as the night has gone on I've begun to feel even worse. I'm hoping I'll feel a little better tomorrow.


  Tomorrow I also have bloodwork at 8:20, appointment with Dr. Vukov at 9:20, chemo (Vincristine), and then a spinal tap at Methodist. A long day ahead!


I really should be sleeping.


But tonight I keep thinking about Lisa Schmidgall and her family. I knew she had gotten considerably worse in the last week. And then her husband posted an update on her blog yesterday afternoon saying she had taken a turn for the worse and wouldn't make it much longer. Such a sad situation. If you aren't familiar with Lisa, she was a teacher here in Pekin and was diagnosed last year with Stage 4 lung cancer. She has two children, right about the exact same ages as our kids. She was only 33.  She passed away today. Just so sad. Please say a little prayer if you are reading this for comfort for her family during this incredibly difficult time. I'd appreciate it.

I'm going to try and get some sleep now.


-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment