Sunday, October 9, 2011

Wonderful weekend!

   Justin told me this last week he bought tickets for us to go see Reba in Bloomington. Mostly for me, he's not a big fan of Reba. ; )  It was a HUGE surprise!! I've always wanted to see her in concert and she used to come to Peoria every year but hasn't in a long time. And he planned it all out and kept it as a secret for me. And this also included an overnight stay in a hotel.

We rarely get out so this was an extra special treat! Usually my counts are low and it's just not worth the risk of me getting sick so we don't go out. But right now I'm doing a chemo pill from home (6 MP) and my counts are good and this is before I'm supposed to start the radiation so this was perfect timing.

We went to Bloomington on Friday afternoon after dropping the kids off with Justin's Mom and Dad. And we went to the hotel room and got ready and then headed out to Outback for a great dinner. We both had steaks and they were SO good. Oh my goodness, soooo good.  And after we went to the concert. We had really great seats but since nobody was sitting in the seats a few rows up from us we decided to move up before Reba came on so we could see even better. The Band Perry was the main opener for her, but a few other bands performed as well (Eden's Edge and Steel Magnolia). And afterwards, we went back to the hotel. It was a great night and we had such a good time! We very rarely get out just us two - we missed the kids like crazy but we knew they were having a good time with their grandparents. : )  And on Saturday we left and came home. I had such a great time and was so thankful for that special time with Justin. And I love that he completely surprised me with the little get-a-way. A very much needed break for us, from this long year we've had.

 But I'm glad to be home, under one roof again with my little family. Feeling incredibly blessed and thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment