Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

       Aly had her Halloween party and parade and it was beyond adorable!

Afterwards we did lunch and then we went and watched the young Marine, Jordan Bastean, return to Pekin after losing his life fighting in the war a little over a week ago. It was so sad and my heart goes out to his family and friends during this difficult time.

I was called this morning from a nurse about the issues with my port. They wanted me to go in and have it checked out today so I went in and saw a NP named Judy and she said she thinks the line has just moved from all the scar tissue I have built up from all the procedures I've had done (2 picc lines, liver biopsy, having the port placed, etc.) and said she thinks it's fine but she wants for me to have it checked out more tomorrow (at my normal scheduled appointment) by another NP and to see how it does with blood flow. So we'll see...I'm hoping it's fine. I'm so used now to having my port accessed and used for everything that when it was mentioned about me possibly having to have my blood drawn peripherally I seriously cringed.

The kids went up to their Great Grandparents tonight for trick or treating and had a great time spending that time with everyone. And afterwards I took them to do some more trick or treating and then brought them home. We brushed their teeth extra good from all that candy they had tonight and they crashed! Long day!

I'm exhausted also. So I'm off to bed. Hoping all looks good tomorrow with my port and my counts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment