Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Feeling alright

 


    Yesterday was my bloodwork, doctor appointment, chemo, and 14th spinal tap. Everything went fine with all of it. Dr. Vukov said he's very impressed at how well I'm doing and handling all of my treatments. My next appointment is in 2 weeks with the NP Laura and that is mostly to check my counts and make sure I'm doing alright. My counts have dropped a little bit but Dr. V isn't too concerned, he said it's from the chemo pill I'm on here at home, 6 MP (Mercaptopourine). And I also started the steroid back up again, so I'm on Dexamethasone for days 29-33. I really should make a list of stuff I want/need to get done right now because each time I've been on a steroid in the past it's given me a ton of energy. And then I go off and crash.


  I'm still sick with my head cold. Mostly just sinus drainage and I'm very limited on what I can take because I'm on Keppra and it has so many drug interactions. But other than that I'm not feeling too bad. My back is a little sore from my spinal tap but I think I've just learned what to expect from having so many. My next one is scheduled for December 13th and the one following is scheduled for January 10th. Dr. Chee is the one that performed it yesterday and he's great, he's quick and makes me feel very comfortable.


  My friend Carrie picked Aly up from here at home this morning and took her to school so I wouldn't have to go out. She has a daughter right at the same age as Aly and they are both in the same preschool class which is nice. Aly is crazy about them! She's planning on taking the girls to McDonald's for lunch after school and then dropping her back off here at home. This way I can have a little bit more of time to rest today. Right now Connor is driving his little Mickey Power Wheels car through the upstairs of our house (I have a gate up so he can't decide to go for a ride down the stairs).


 Aly's Halloween costume is adorable, it was just delivered a few days ago. I'm excited for Halloween! And I just love Connor's - it fits his personality so well! ; )  But at the rate we are going I'm hoping we won't have snow on Halloween. Fall is definitely my favorite season but I'm not ready for winter! I think it's about time to shop for winter coats though for the kids.


  Alright, time to get going. I'm going to play with Connor some (now he has on his sister's Minnie Mouse ears, oh my!) and then possibly put him down for an early nap before Aly gets home.



*If you would like, leave me a comment on here or send me an e-mail and I'll add your e-mail address to the list so when I post a new blog you'll get a notification.*
I have it already for Butch & Carrie, Jack & Mary Lou, and Don & Marge.


     Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment